Pearls and Wisdom

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It's All About J.Crew









"If you're suggesting I'm going to be less interested in pattern mixing you're really wrong"
--Ellen Durnal

OK, this is my first go at pattern mixing, so bear with me.  One of my best friends, quoted above, is a huge fan of mixing patterns, and does so really well... So I finally caved.  It's mild, I know, but I actually think I like it... Sh.  Don't tell Ellen.  But in all seriousness, I think there is a delicacy to floral that does give you some room to play.  Polka dots are loud, and really the only reason why I think this works is because of balance.  The sweater is bright in color, but sort of indistinct in print, while the shorts are bold in print, and a very neutral color.  Also, they're both accidentally from J.Crew, and god knows everything from that store can go together in some way.  This is a seriously momentous day for me.  

GET THE LOOK:
Sweater: J.Crew
Shorts: J.Crew
Shoes: Nordstrom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© My Red Lip Classic Thing, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena