Pearls and Wisdom

Monday, January 26, 2015

Riding Knee High







“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the  skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Out of the thousands of books I've read, there have been two that have resonated deeply and distinctly with me: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.  Though approximately 150 years apart, I find myself relating to both Elizabeth Bennet and Esther Greenwood in ways that I never thought possible.  Reading has always been my greatest solace; above acting, singing, and even shopping.  So on this cloudy, drizzling Monday, the perfect way to relax is with a good cup of coffee, and a book.  (I am personally reading The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly.)  In that academic vain, I dressed in every part the collegiate school-girl today.  I wore one of my absolute favorite winter colors (burgundy) and a caramel, corduroy skirt.  In order to avoid one color scheme, I added a pop of forest green in my bootie heels, which also complimented my matching burgundy socks/turtleneck.  Though probably not visible in these photos, I am wearing a leather book necklace that also happens to match my shoes... I told you I love to match.

GET THE LOOK:
Shirt: American Apparel
Skirt: American Apparel
Socks: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Necklace: Anthropologie
Backpack: Marc by Marc Jacobs 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© My Red Lip Classic Thing, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena